Sunday, December 4, 2011

Da Vinci's Newtonian Dynamic Particle Death Ray Cannon: Clockwork Atomics x341

Part telescope, part clockwork, part gravity well. All super weapon. What's with all the death rays? Too much Flash Gordon as a child I guess. I blame my parents. When I was 10 they gave me a beautiful book of the newspaper comics from the 30's. It was one of my first exposures to the retro futurism and continues to effect my ideas. While the drawings and designs I produce are not Steampunk in the strictest sense, I like to think that they share a certain flavor. The idea of old or primitive technology being used to produce advanced tech is highly attractive to me. There is a certain beauty to the slightly archaic designs that never fails to catch my eye and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment